Monday, June 17, 2013

Benson Family Reunion 2013

The second weekend in June we headed South on I-35 for the Benson Family Reunion.  I won't lie..it stresses me out traveling with kids...it just does.  On the way down, sweet little Hallie got the memo to take a nap and her brother did not get the memo.  I think he slept a grand total of 30 minutes, and literally talked non stop all the way from Waco until we got to Henly (Blanco).  NON STOP!!!!  We made a pit stop in Waco and had breakfast / lunch at I-Hop and then got right back in the truck to be on our way.  

I sat in the back with the kids......and almost lost my mind.....



She got the memo....




This cute little boy didn't........


We got there around 130-2 on Friday and had a great time hanging out until the little man burned his right hand on the exhaust of a go kart.  Jeremy was right next to him and turned his head for about 1 second and P touched it.  It was soooo sad, and he burned it pretty good  : )  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The tips of his swingers swelled up pretty bad and we had to pop them a few days later.  No fun at all!!


He kept saying and still says "no touch go kart...hot...hurt my hand".



On Saturday we got up and headed to the cabin and everyone sang Happy Birthday to Pierson.  Mom got him a little cookie cake, and all the family sang to him.  It was a must to wear the helmet while eating. 



That afternoon, Jeremy, my dad, myself, and P all headed to Gruene with some of our cousins.  Hallie stayed behind with Dot Dot and Meme.  Apparently Hallie was a little angel while we were gone.  She actually let someone sit and hold her.  That is not like her...she loves to be held all the time...but only while standing.  Makes for some fun times  : )


P had his first try of onion rings from the Gristmill










This car was parked on the street in Gruene with a "For Sale" sign for $60,000.  


Here are a few more pics from our weekend....




















 
Booger anyone??

I decided to drive home, and Jeremy was able to experience the fun of sitting in the back with two kids.  Needless to say, I don't think he enjoyed it much.  We almost made it home without any stops, but sweet sister decided it was time for a blow out in her pants.  We pulled over, changed her, got something to eat and hit the road.  I have never been so excited to give my kids a bath, especially Pierson.  He was so dirty...I guess just like a little boy should be.  His hand is starting to look better.  Poor guy I think he learned his lesson.  We felt so bad for him.  He literally screamed for two hours on Friday night.  There was nothing that made him feel better.  We felt so helpless.  He has enjoyed showing everyone his hand thought.  Hoping that will NEVER happen again!


No comments:

Post a Comment