Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Visit to the Fire Station

Jeremy and I took the kiddos up to one of the fire stations in Carrollton over the Christmas break.  For the past few years, Jeremy has been working a "normal people" schedule.  He is an investigator with the fire department and also does inspections.  When he works overtime he can drive the ambulance and engine...but it is great to have him home every night (especially with small kiddos).  Still hard to believe that he has been on the department 15 years this year.  Crazy!

Also, Jeremy was promoted to Apparatus Operator (Driver) on January 1, 2015.  I can not even begin to describe the LONG hours of studying that he put into this over at least a 6-7 month span.  Thankful that is behind us.  He is now eligible to study for the captains' test in two years!


Love this pic.  Looks like P is just standing back and taking it all in. 



 
 
 


Captain Hallie....checking out daddy's radio. 



This is the look I get when I ask him to smile these days...

 


P did not love the sound of the air coming out of the ambulance....





 




 

 
 I have to admit...I didn't realize this was a mannequin at first..
 
I am sure we will have MANY more fire station visits in our future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment