Thursday, July 7, 2016

Camp Thurman 2016

My parents treated Pierson to Camp Thurman for the first time this year and to say he had a blast is an understatement.  He had SO much fun.  I went as a kid and sadly I don't remember much.  Before camp started he asked me if they were going to roast marshmallows and have s'mores.  Nope...not that kind of camp son!



Jake, Pierson and Drew.  Oops....guess the sun was in their eyes. 


His  counselor was Kenai (on the left) and he was fantastic!


Not sure what my child was doing in this pic....










This is the bracelet he made and he says it "represents God & America."  He has not taken it off yet. 



It appears he talked my mom...or Louise (and Robin) into letting him swim at their house one day.  Oh...and he may have broke a pair of their goggles (more on that below). 


Last day...

This was about 5 minutes before he fell asleep on the way home the last day.  He was absolutely exhausted!

Pierosn managed to lose his goggles two days in a row (two different pairs), and we were able to recover them.  Then...he lost another pair the last day.  I decided I wouldn't go search for those.  Thanks to Robin for finding one pair.  Oh...and he lost his towel...but we found that too!


Hopefully this is the start of a new summer tradition.  It was so much fun to talk to him each day and hear about everything he did and all that he learned.  I think his little sister might join him next year at camp.  No doubt...everyone will know Hallie Roberts by the time the week is over. 

A big thank you to my parents for treating him to this camp and having a week of Pierson time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment