Tuesday, December 13, 2011

6 Months

Oh my...where has the time gone. Our little dude is now six months old, and has learned to keep mommy and daddy on their toes. He has enjoyed green beans, sweet peas, bananas, applesauce, chicken (the most disgusting thing I have ever encountered), sweet potatoes, peaches, squash, pears, and turkey (another gross one). Here is my cute child at 6 months. (a few of the pics are from the cell phone, so not the best quality)







Mud butt now proudly sits on his own and crawls EVERYWHERE. He gets into all of the things he is not supposed to, which has been thoroughly enjoyable. I feel strongly that he will pay us back for the way my wonderful husband was as a child (hyper). If I am not mistaken, I believe I was an angel growing up. Pierson has felt the need to even start pulling up on things. Seriously??




We started to put Christmas lights up on the house one day....and then a few days later decided not to do it this year. Well...I made the executive decision to not put them up. We didn't get them finished on that day, and the weather had been yucky so I decided not to worry about it. I'm not sure if this means we are bad parents because it is P's first Christmas. I figure he will enjoy looking at them much more next year. Oh and to make us look like even better parents...we took the 9 foot tree back that we bought last year because some of the lights weren't working. So, this year we are sporting a 4.5 foot tree at the top of the stairs!! I will spare you the pics of that :) Here are a few pics of Pierson helping us out that day, along with the two mutts.



My child appears to have had a few "beverages" in the below pic. However, rest assured we are not providing him with alcohol at this time, so please don't contact CPS.


Jeremy worked 24 hours of overtime one weekend, which is the first since Pierson has been born. It would be ridiculous to turn down the money, but I really didn't want him to go. Therefore, I coerced Dot Dot into coming over (it is not like I had to twist her arm) and spending the night with us. Poor Jeremy was up the entire night, but got a little rest when he got home.

We went for his 6 month appointment last week and Dr. Schwartz said everything looked good. He weighs 19 lbs and 6 1/2 oz's (78%), 27 1/4 inch long (76%), and his head is 18 1/4 inch (97%). At that point Dr. Schwartz looked at us and says "so where does he get his big head from." Jeremy gladly says, his momma. Wow...I really love this man. Maybe that's why Pierson decided to spit up about half of his bottle all over his daddy while we were there. Ha---take that!!!
Oh and before I forget, Dr. Schwartz says my child is ahead developmentally. That might mean nothing in the future, but I will take it for now.

Pierson really enjoys it when I sing to him. It sounds really bad, but what the heck. Oh and does it matter if the song that I sing comes from a darn toy he has? "Have you ever seen a puppy, a puppy, a puppy, have you ever seen a puppy driving a red truck?" I never want to forget that one. I told Jeremy that we need to start a business singing for toys. THOSE people sound HORRIBLE.

Oh...and my niece Adisyn hugged Pierson...Yeah!!! She isn't sure if shes a big fan of his or not yet...but I think she is starting to like him.

1 comment: