Thursday, June 28, 2012

Benson Family Reunion 2012

The second weekend in June of every year, we have a family reunion for my mom's side of the family.  This takes place down in the Hill Country that includes immediate family and extended family all the way down the line (1st, 2dnd, 3rd, 4th cousins, etc).  Obviously, we see our immediate family throughout the year, but this is the one time where EVERYONE gets together.  This was Pierson's first time to go because he was only about 3-4 days old by the time the reunion took place last year.  Jeremy, Pierson and I headed down on Thursday morning so we could take it slow (remember something about my child HATING being in the car?) and hang out with my parents for one night before everyone else got there.  We had just gotten outside of Dallas, when I turned around and saw this....

 

and thought to myself....this is going to be joyous.  But, it only lasted about twenty minutes...sigh!
We made a pit stop in Waco to let the little man run around and burn off a little energy.  I'm sure everyone at Kohl's was wondering why we were letting our child run around everywhere.  Pierson made himself at home in the toy department and found the barbies...lol.  Daddy was excited.   


Thursday night, Jeremy, P, my mom and dad, and myself all slept in our little house and that was interesting.  Pierson slept okay, but I was in the same tiny room with him, and well....neither one of us really slept that great.  My parents always get a bed and breakfast in Blanco for the weekend, which helps out a lot.  My parents, P and I, and Alicia and Adisyn all stayed there.  We were also lucky enough to have JoJo and Papaw come down and spend part of the weekend with us.  I might add that it appears my niece Adisyn is starting to like Pierson.  They hugged on each other all weekend.  Pierson absolutely LOVES to hug people, stuffed animals, Tank, etc so it was pretty cute to watch.  I have attached a TON of pictures which may bore most of you, but they are for my own records. 

A little hug to get the day started
Mom and her grandkiddos
They loved riding in the wagon. 
Sweet P
Sweet Adisyn
My Boys!



JoJo and Papaw
Lynn, Meme, Mason, Cheryl and Brian


Sadly the best family picture we got the entire weekend  :)




Michelle, Mark, Delaney, Melody and Mason (not paying attention)

P and Daddy
Mom and her sisters
Meme, Aunt Cheryl, Delaney, Melody and Bill
I asked for a pic of them, and this is what I got!
Sweet Cousins
Jeremy, P and I decided to leave Sunday morning.  We missed out on lunch with everyone, but my boy was pooped, and lets face it...I was to.  I have to admit that sometimes it is hard to travel with a little one, but I think we did pretty good this "go round." 


No comments:

Post a Comment