Sunday, June 17, 2012

12 Months

Pierson turned one on June 3rd.  We had his party the day before, but I will post about that separately.  I can not believe my little man is already one.  We went to the doctor for his one year checkup and he weighed 27 pounds (93%), he was 31 1/2 " long (91%) and his head was 19 1/2 inches (99%).  I had actually taken him to the doctor about a month ago for his diaper rash that wouldn't go away and he weighed 27.6 pounds (maybe he had clothes on).  Dr. Schwartz said he looked great, and he also said "I see broken bones in your future."  Lol.  Probably because Pierson was trying to climb on everything at the office, which is usually how things go around the house.  Pierson can now climb up on the couch, any chairs, window seals, etc.  Good times around here.  He absolutely loves to walk all over the couch.  I did have a basket behind the couch which held blankets, but when Pierson began using it as a way to jump over the couch, I moved it.  Pierson is extremely vocal these days.  He still says Mama, Dada, and his new favorite word is Dog.  When we get home everyday, the first thing out of his mouth is "dog," and he immediately starts running for the dog's cage.  But don't be fooled....cows, pigs, lamps, horses (you name it) its a dog.  

I was just telling Jeremy that within the past week, he has changed so much, and it is hard to believe that a short year ago, he was still a newborn.  I won't lie, there are some days, where I would like to sit on the couch and do nothing, but we love this little man to pieces.  I don't know if it is because he is a boy, but he NEVER STOPS.  He is on the go all day long and never sits still.  The other day, I caught him sitting on the couch, and he was still for about two minutes...that my friends is a miracle.  

P is also going through a stage where he loves to hug people.  Jeremy was with him at Target one day recently while I was working, and he ran up to a little girl in the store and started hugging her.  Jeremy said it was soo cute.  Thankfully the mother and daughter played along with it.  

A few weeks back we celebrated the 2nd birthday of his friend Emily.  Pierson was the only boy there, so he loved it.
This pic is soo funny for some reason.  I think she is trying to escape from P!



P and the birthday girl, Emily!

One night I was going through P's closet and came across a 12 month outfit that I had bought before he was born.  Sadly, it doesn't fit, but Jeremy and I decided to play dress up.  We could not even get the buttons to go together...:)
How cute is he??
LOL
Always on the go!

I'm sure you all recall me talking about the car seat.  Yeah...he still doesn't love it, but I think we are making progress.  
One day, he went from mad to asleep in about 5 seconds!
  

P absolutely loves to hug Tank.  Freedom won't have anything to do with him, but Tank pretty much lets P hug all over him, pull on him, stand on him, etc.  



  
Pierson is also obsessed with standing on toys, getting in boxes, bins, or whatever he can fit his body into.  He has learned that he can push a toy up against the couch or window seal and that gives him easier access to it.  Little stinker!
 

Here is one last cute pic of my little man.  He looks like a little boy in this picture...not a baby anymore :)

 

I know I've said it a hundred times, but we are so blessed to have this little boy as our son.  We love him to pieces, and I'm not sure that I remember life before him.  He keeps us VERY busy, but we wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  We love you Pierson Brock!!.  

No comments:

Post a Comment