Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

Christmas morning after little P man woke up he was so excited to see what Santa brought him....or should I say mommy and daddy were more excited to see his face?  Of course, he doesn't understand Santa, but Jeremy and I had fun with it.  We really didn't get him tons of stuff...lets face it...what does a 18-19 month old need.  The boy has so much stuff it is ridiculous, and we knew he would get so many things from other generous family members.  When we first brought him downstairs he was much more interested in drinking his milk...shocker!  But...after a minute or so he was looking at everything and would say "wow".  It was definitely cute!

I might add that we purchased a new 9' Christmas tree this year.  The one we had previously was to wide, and I wanted a taller, skinnier tree.  We do love the tree, although Jeremy didn't love the price tag.  I played the "we will have it for years and years to come" card.  I guess it worked.  It can be a 9', 7' or 5' tree which is pretty cool.  However I never found a tree topper that I liked, so that was missing.  Also...sadly I didn't put up half of our ornaments and other decorations because of the wild child I have :).   Maybe next year...or maybe not??  After all I will have a 12 month old on my hands.  Actually, Pierson really did pretty good with the tree this year, and didn't bother it too much.  I tried to put kid friendly ornaments near the bottom.

And yes...I was the mother who never bought her child Christmas pajamas.  Don't judge...time slipped away from me.  
 





Helping daddy open one of his gifts. 


There are a few pictures of me.  But, like I said in the previous post, I literally look like a boat.  So...I will make a better effort to put pics of me up after I have this baby...maybe!  I don't want to scare people away from the blog.  

Santa brought Pierson some new cars (thank you Santa for adding to the collection), a race track, an"airmay", a "big rig", new toothbrushes, a slinky and many other things in his stocking!  Daddy got some weird tool box thingy for the back of his truck, a garage fan, and a new good read titled "Everybody Poops 410 Pounds A Year".  Momma got a massage and a Citizen watch!!

After we spent time as a family of three, we headed up to Sanger to JoJo's and Papaw's for Christmas with Jeremy's family.  Pierson had so much fun.  JoJo and Papaw gave him money for his college fund (perfect!!) along with some other goodies.  He also got some fun new blocks and a little fire house that he is really enjoying playing with.  Although it has a ladder that comes apart, and it frustrates him so bad when he can't put it back together.  JoJo and Papaw made corn fritters which were enjoyed by all.  



Hanging out with cousin Lexi
Enjoying a good read. 

While up in Sanger in began snowing, and the wind was blowing so hard that the snow was coming in sideways.  Jeremy went outside with P for a little while, and he didn't seem to mind the snow at all.  Momma chose to watch from a distance!  I was a little nervous driving home but Jeremy used the ole' four wheel drive, and we got home safely.  We got a few inches of snow up in this part of the metroplex and P enjoyed saying "snow" over and over again.







The below pic shows just how tired little P man was.  He had a fun day (with no nap) and fell right to sleep on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment