Thursday, May 9, 2013

First Zoo Trip

Pierson and Hallie made their first trip to the First Worth Zoo a couple Fridays ago.  Dot Dot and Big Dave treated us, and joined along.  I think that Dot Dot may have been more excited than anyone...hehe.  I took off on Friday and we drove over and met my parents there.  We were there right when they opened, and there was already a line, and a ton of school buses.  Luckily after we got in the door it wasn't too bad.  I think that Pierson might have been a little overwhelmed at first.  He loves watching older kids, but I think there was just too many for his liking.  Sorry for the picture overload.   

 Sweet Hallie behaved herself as well!!







It was a bit chilly on the morning we went...figures.  The weather was perfect the entire week, but it did turn out to be a beautiful day.  






Riding the choo choo train with Big Dave.  P was just taking it all in. 




Petting zoo....




I really think that P had a great time.  He would just stop and stare and take it all in....


Enjoying an ice cream treat.... 



 This next group of pictures cracks me up.  Ha!






And....of course Dot Dot and Big Dave bought Pierson (who has absolutely no toys or stuffed animals) a new stuffed tiger.  I kept trying and trying to get him to buy the elephant...but it just didn't work.  Boo!!  We saw lots and lots of other animals of course.  Several weeks before the zoo Dot Dot was showing Pierson the noise and motions that a monkey makes.  So now...whenever you ask him what a monkey does...he lifts his arms up like a monkey and says "Dot Dot".  SO funny!


Thanks to Dot Dot and Big Dave for treating the family to the zoo.  I have always loved to the Fort Worth Zoo, but I think I might try the Dallas Zoo next time just so we can ride the Dart train down.  I think Pierson would love that.  Hopefully Hallie will have a little bit more fun next time.  : )  For the record, I believe P was asleep before we left the parking lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment