Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend 2012

We started off Easter Weekend by celebrating Grandma's bday (Jeremy's grandmother) at Cracker Barrel on Saturday with breakfast. Everyone had a great time. Eating at restaurants now is somewhat of a challenge with the little man, but we make it work. I happily volunteered JoJo to go out side with Pierson and change his diapers while we were there!




On Sunday morning we headed out to the early service at our church which started at 8:15. We normally go to the later service, but we knew the later one would be packed. I get up so early in the mornings, that I was thinking it was almost lunch by the time we got there..hehe. The service was soo good. The pastor always puts things on a personal level, which helps me. Don't get me wrong, I love scripture, but sometimes I need things on more of elementary terms..does that make sense?

I put P in a cute little button down shirt, and then about 10 minutes later he spit up on it. No big deal right? Well I had another shirt that Dot Dot had bought him awhile back. He decided that he would spit up on that about 2.3 seconds later. My little man has been doing so much better with the spitting up, but today was the exception I guess..or I hope! From that point, I decided that he was just going to have to have a little bit of a stinch to him. He has moved into his third class at church since being born. I'm not convinced that the people in this class really like my boy (sniff sniff). He is a typical boy and gets into everything but he is such a sweetheart. Last week when we went to pick him up the first words out of the lady's mouth was "bless you." When we went to pick him up today, I said "Was he a good boy?" The reply this week was "he is all boy." Hmm...okay.


After church we headed home to get ready for the family to come over. We had a good time, even though we got some pretty strong thunderstorms, which meant no hunting eggs outside.










The Easter bunny made a delivery to our house. He got P a toothbrush, toothpaste, and some yogurt melts that he hasn't tried before. JoJo and Papaw got him a little book that makes noises and lights up, and Dot Dot and Big Dave got him some swimming attire for the summer (and for our upcoming trip to San Antonio). He really enjoyed carrying around plastic eggs all day.



We had such a great weekend with family. It is hard to imagine that the love that I have for my family is nothing like the love that Jesus has for us....truly amazing. I certainly hope that Jeremy and I will do a good job of raising our little P to know the Lord. This Easter was special, and I can't wait for many more.

1 comment:

  1. awesome post sue! There is this song by phil wickham called, "true love". It talks about the day true love died. I know that we are all taught that God sent his only son to die on the cross to save us of our sin. I truly think that when you are a parent, does that meaning really GRAB a hold of you and shake you to your core. God's love for us is so great that he sent HIS ONLY SON, to die for us. love you seester.

    ReplyDelete