Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Milk Run

The little man needed some milk, so I decided to run in ALDI because it is quick, and not much traffic...you get the point. (I am always in a hurry). Anyhow...I walk through the aisles grab a couple things along with the milk and head towards the register. I pull out my credit card to pay and it asks for my pin.

Problem #1 = no debit card (I realize I have left it on my desk at work)
Problem #2 = very little cash (maybe $3)
Problem #3 = I didn't realize they only accept one of the above.

At this point, I am probably turning red as I tell the lady that I will just take the milk and come back for the other things. Then..out of nowhere, the lady that checked out in front of me, came back and said I will take care of it. Even though I was embarrassed and humiliated BADLY, I thought that was one of the nicest gestures. I felt absolutely ridiculous that I was in that position, and the only thing I could think to say was "I promise, I really do have money." Wow..good one. I must remember to do the same for someone else one day.

1 comment:

  1. That has happened to me twice! once I had brooke and Hayden at the mall and didn't have cash for the carousel. I was humiliated when this lady ran after me with $6. Pay is forward. I am always on the lookout, but its hard to find!

    ReplyDelete